Where are we?
We are based in Deansgrange Business Park, Unit 16. Due to the pandemic, we are currently working remotely and can be contacted by phone on 01 2896600 or by email at email@example.com.
What we do
- Providing Support for the Government Funded Programmes
- Delivering Training in the following:
- Child Protection – Always Children First Training
- Equality & Diversity Training
- Sustainability and Governance
- Promoting of Aistear & Síolta Frameworks
- Providing support & information in relation to Better Start Quality Development
- Providing support when applying for AIM (Access and Inclusion Model)
- Supporting the development of Policies and Procedures
- Supporting childminders in line with the National Childminding Development Plan
- Administrating and support for all Grant Schemes: Capital Grants, Parent & Toddler Grants, Childminding Development Grant, Learner fund etc.
- Delivering a variety of supports during the Covid 19 Pandemic
- Signposting Childcare Options
- Programme funding information
- Information on Tusla registered providers
- Signposting to Parent & Toddler Groups
- Offering AIM supports
Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee (DLRCCC) Complaints Policy
DLR CCC is committed to providing a high-quality service to all our customers. DLR CCC views complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve our services for the future.
Commitment to our Customers
Our policy is to:
- Provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint
- Ensure all complaints are investigated fairly, promptly and confidentially
- Handle all complaint information sensitively while adhering to relevant data protection and child protection legislation (Exception: if a complaint contains information that indicates a direct danger to a child/children, it will be given priority and dealt with immediately. During this process the CCC will refer the complaint directly to Tusla (Child & Family Agency) and/or local An Garda Siochana.)
- Gather information which helps us to improve what we do
- Evaluate and learn from complaints and use them to review and improve our services
- Ensure complainant information and data is communicated, recorded and stored in line with our own internal operating procedures and GDPR policy.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction concerning the provision of a service or services by DLR CCC.
How to make a complaint?
All correspondence is dealt with confidentially but cannot be submitted anonymously.
A complaint about services provided by the County Childcare Committee should be directed to the DLR CCC Manager or Chairperson (as appropriate), who will endeavour to deal with the complaint within the response time outlined below. Customers can make a complaint in the following ways:
- Visiting CCC office – Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee, Unit 16 Deansgrange Business Park, Deansgrange, Co Dublin, A94 HH31
- Contact by phone – 01 2896600
- Correspondence by e-mail to the Manager or Chairperson as appropriate, or post to the Manager or Chairperson (marked ‘confidential’) to Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Childcare Committee, Unit 16 Deansgrange Business Park, Deansgrange, Co Dublin, A94 HH31)
- Completing the Concern/Complaint template form which can be found in Appendix 1 at the end of this document
For customers who wish to make a complaint in relation to the Early Learning and Care and/or School Age Childcare sector, DLR CCC will try to assist you in finding a resolution with the service/agency if possible and/or signpost you to the relevant agency to escalate your complaint further.
What information is required when making a complaint?
In order for the CCC to assist in the investigation of your complaint, please be sure to provide the following information with your complaint:
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address
- Information in relation to your complaint and what you were dissatisfied with in relation to the service provided by the CCC
- Name of the staff member/s who dealt with you, if known and appropriate.
Response time to your Complaint
- We will acknowledge receipt of any communications within 5 working days.
- We will investigate all complaints and will ensure that a substantive reply will follow within 20 working days of initial receipt.
- Where this is not possible to answer your query within these timeframes we will communicate with you to keep you advised of our progress.
Review of your Complaint
If the CCC Manager cannot resolve your complaint or you do not wish to submit your complaint directly to the County Childcare Committee Manager, please refer your complaint to the Chairperson of the County Childcare Committee at DLR County Childcare Committee, Unit 16 Deansgrange Business Park, Deansgrange, Co Dublin, A95 HH31.
Details of the Chairperson and Board Members can be found on our website at: www.dlrccc.ie
Response time will normally be within 20 working days.
Where this is not possible due to an ongoing investigation, a progress report will be sent with an indication as to when a full reply will be given.
Appeal of your Complaint
If you are still not satisfied with the response provided, it is possible for you to refer the matter to the Office of Ombudsman. Details provided below:
Office of the Ombudsman
6 Earlsfort Terrace,
T: +353 1 639 5600
LoCall: 1890 223 030
Please complete the following if required:
Complaint Form Appendix 1 from Policy